Best SERP / SEO tracking services?

(Jesse) #1

I’m not sure how to phrase this since these terms seem to mean so many things to so many different people, but over the years I’ve come across dozens of these types of services, it is truly overwhelming!

Anyway, you’ve heard of these like SEOMoz, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Majestic SEO, etc.

The pricing often seems ridiculous, and the feature sets rather vague. I guess I’m just wondering how many agencies or individuals actually pay for these over the long-term. And if they do (you?) what is the justification for doing so, and/or which service has the most useful or accurate features?

For example, if you just want a report each month as a PDF for that mentions its current ranking in Google, Bing, Yahoo for 25 different phrases, whether its gone up or down, and who the competitors are that have outranked you (etc), which service is best? And why are they so expensive!? :smiley:

Lastly do these things actually save time? At the end of the day, it would seem that most clients you would give these reports to only “believe” the search that they themselves plug into search engines!

(Leland Fiegel) #2

The only rank checking software I’ve ever used is SEO Toolbar. It gives you the basics, but as results have become much more personalized over the years, it doesn’t provide quite as accurate of a picture for how others see ranking unless some crowd-sourcing is involved.

That’s where (I’m assuming) these paid services provide value, along with maybe nicer looking automated reports to send over to clients, although I believe SEO Toolbar can at least export results to a CSV.

But yeah, these services are priced way too high for me to really care where I’m being ranked globally for different keywords. I’d imagine the pricing strategy is more geared to professional SEOs, whereas I just care about my own personal sites.

I’ll just stick with SEO Toolbar.

(vantasso) #3

Imho of you are looking for an all-in-one tool:

• Semrush: very good especially for competitor analysis and reporting
  • Seo Moz: complete and accurate tool, it’s a little bit cheaper

Or you could by a Scrapebox licence which is the most powerful tool i’ve ever tryed! The great thing is that you only pay a one-off fee!! :grin:

Ok, It is a shameless promotion! :smiling_imp: :imp:

GetRanko - A Completely Free Web Ranking and SEO Analysis Tool is one of my website that gives you many basic SEO, Social Media and web ranking stats for free. It grabs different stats from Similar Web ranking, Majistic SEO graphs, Alexa etc all in one place. :grin:

It might be helpful somehow, if not you can totally ignore it. :sweat:

(Tom) #5

At Kinsta we are using Accuranker. Great features and affordable price.