Bulk Upload Questions to Sensei

(Faruk Erdogan) #1

Unfortunately, Woocommerce’s Sensei plugin does not have a bulk upload of assessment questions. If you have 6000 questions it is really hard to upload them. So, I thought there must be an easy way to upload them to Sensei Plugin directly just with a few clicks. Someone from this forum can see this as an opportunity and create a plugin to do this job.

After sharing my thoughts with you, could you give me an idea of how should be an Excel document to upload this questions and their answers to the Sensei?

Should it be like this?

You can check if you want to see adding question feature to Sensei via this page: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/adding-quizzes/

Just browsing the docs, and noticing the Question Bank looks like a custom post type, you might consider using https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/.

Not sure how to add questions to the quizzes automatically, but that should get the questions out of the CSV, into WordPress. :slight_smile:

Any plugin what play with data in this manner should allow import/export data in CSV or similar format.
You probably don’t want to play with data on live site, it just don’t belong to that area. So maybe there is a better solution than Sensei?

Anyway you can check your MySQL database of these data, how these looks, then adjust data for import in that way. If there is some relationship with more tables like keys, IDs it will be much harder. Probably Woocommerce support can give you right direction.

(Faruk Erdogan) #4

I have written to WooCommerce’s support team about this feature - bulk upload - but they have sent me to feature map tool and let me vote for this feature. The problem is that there were many similar topics related to this feature and I could not decide which should be voted by me. I mean it will take too much time if I wait for them.

I just shared this opportunity with forum if you create a plugin and asked for excel format.

To figure out what the header and fields should be, I’d create a few quizzes manually and the export them to CSV. Like the plugin I recommended for importing, there is also the companion WP All Export. That should work. :slight_smile:

(Faruk Erdogan) #6

Thank you @maiki. I have contacted with WP All Import to ask that. They have asked me, is Sensei’s post type custom post type or not. I have replied yes it is. So, they said that you should upload these questions to Sensei via WP All Import.

By the way, I have no idea about how should be the CVS file format. Could you help about the CVS format?

I have attached the questions and Sensei’s adding question screenshot.

Use the WP All Export plugin (export, not import). That will let you choose any custom post types and export them. If you include all the fields for a CPT, you’ll get a CSV with all the fields that CPT uses. That is my advice. :slight_smile:

(Faruk Erdogan) #8

Hi @maiki,

Your idea was great. I have set up WP All Export to export questions. I have exported them and see the file format. Unfortunately, there is no way to download them very well. Plugin downloaded questions without answers. Ok, questions have arrived but answers were not there. Because of that, this way is not working to import them easily. I think we have to use a custom way to upload them.

I think this forum treat will help anyone who is looking for the same solutions.

Thank you all