California is a tinder box

(Jeff C) #1

Continuing the discussion from Say hello and introduce yourself:

Say hello and introduce yourself
(Jeff C) #2

Man, the drought isn’t getting any better out there. Every time I see the drought forecast from the NWS, I see CA covered in brown meaning it will get worse. That entire state is a tinder box.

(James Huff) #3

Yeah, it’s even an official “state of emergency” now, as if we could do anything about it besides conserve and hope new water magically appears some day.

(Jeff C) #4

I bet bottled water sales are through the roof. Probably at higher prices to.

(James Huff) #5

They are too, and don’t even get me started on how it’s our own municipal water being sold back to us at a higher price in the middle of a severe drought, it’s ridiculous.

(Jeff C) #6

Don’t know if you heard about it, but even our freshwater great lakes are at times becoming poisonous. http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2014/08/21/Algae-produced-microcystin-may-follow-blooms-across-lake.html

(James Huff) #7

I wouldn’t doubt it. To be honest, I’m starting to believe the people who say our planet is fighting back.

(Jeff C) #8

Well that’s pretty neat. First chance I’ve had to A: Reply to your post as a new topic and B: Easily move the discussion into the new topic. Pretty slick that it leaves a URL and and stuff in the original post to show where it moved to.

(James Huff) #9

I just saw, that is pretty slick! So far the first major thing that’s starting to make me like this more than bbPress :wink:

(Jeff C) #10

Yeah, being an admin right now is fun! When the process to do things like that is super easy, it’s an encouraging way to keep up on managing the forum. I completed the task in less than 2 minutes.

(Gary Weiner) #11

Have you had to deal with trolls/spam yet? That’s a big issue for me over at my forum.

(Jeff C) #12

Nope. Several of the people on this forum of each other already which I think helps a lot. Depending on if this takes off, I’m sure they’re on their way.

(Jeff C) #13

Saw this on Imgur today, yikes.

(James Huff) #14

Well, that’s incredibly depressing. :frowning: