Upgraded to the latest beta (1.2.0.beta5) of Discourse last night.
The most noticeable change is the simplified category styles. This has been referred to as the end of clown vomit from the creators of Discourse. Now it looks much cleaner.
There are 120 fixes/changes total.
I’ve also received a couple complaints about display names not displaying next to usernames like they used to. I’ve discovered this is because the username matches the display name exactly, without spaces (i.e. “johndoe” and “John Doe”).
No idea why this is happening, but it started after I upgraded from 1.0 to the latest beta around the time I installed SSL which was 1.2.0.beta4. I left a support thread at the Discourse forum to find out more.