Feedback on new theme - Label

(Ben) #1

Hey there - I’m putting the finishing touches on my latest theme - Label. Would love some feedback on it!

Any feedback - functional issues, technical issues, design issues. As long as it’s constructive it’s more than welcome!

(Nick) #2

Great theme, nice job :slight_smile:
I noticed a little problem with the responsive, the “Menu” link escapes from the header.

This might be your best theme so far :slight_smile: I really like it!

Nothing to add, maybe just reset the menu when it’s closed. At the moment when you click on menu subpages the menu-expand state remains even after you close the burger menu :slight_smile:

(Hesham) #4

Beautiful!

One thing I see when viewing on iPhone, the menu toggle icon maybe need a little tweak, it gets on top of the logo, this happen (only in portrait view).

(Sonal Sinha) #5

Nice and clean theme. Can add call to action buttons on toggle menu and as well as in top header area.

(Leland Fiegel) #6

Definitely one of my favorite Pro Theme Design themes yet. :smiley:

Just reiterating some feedback from previous posts, but like @PlutonWP said, the menu toggle needs to be adjusted on mobile.

Also, judging from the animation on menu toggle click, I think you’re trying to turn it into an “X” when active. However, the fill color is white for some reason.

Also, still not a fan of hyphens: auto (something I mentioned in a previous feedback thread) since it breaks up words unnecessarily. For example, this:

Looks much cleaner than this:

It has its pros and cons, but I’d much rather use break-word because it only breaks words that are too long for the container.

(Ben) #7

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Ah - thanks. The menu text is a recent addition - I guess I should have tested it a bit more!

Thanks - not sure what you mean though? What would you expect to see?

Thanks @leland - I’m trying to do more unique designs and hope it’s paying off :slight_smile:

That’s weird. What are you viewing that in?

thanks - will tweak that as well.

(Leland Fiegel) #8

Firefox 48.0.1 on El Capitan. Latest versions of both.

I just checked in Chrome and the X works fine there.

(Ben) #9

that’s a pain - thanks for pointing it out. I’ll have to work out why Firefox is playing up then

(Ben) #10

This I’ve fixed everything that’s been mentioned so far. The only thing I didn’t change is about the menu changing state when it collapses. Can’t decide if this is a good or bad thing.

Just checked what I’m using here - and it’s break-word:

overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; hyphens: auto;

(Leland Fiegel) #11

Not sure what you did, but it appears to be working now in Firefox.

Yep, break-word is acting as a fallback in case CSS hyphens aren’t supported. You can use both, but break-word would only have an effect if the word was so long it would otherwise break out of the container. The hyphens take “precedence” in browsers that do support it. Chrome, notably, doesn’t support hyphens at all, but looks like they’re making progress.

(Ben) #12

I’m not sure what you’re suggesting? Am I not doing what you said I should do? What css would you use?[quote=“leland, post:11, topic:1669”]
Not sure what you did, but it appears to be working now in Firefox.
[/quote]

It seems Chrome and Firefox treat some css transforms differently which meant the bars from the hamburger were being hidden. So I changed the animation a bit to make it work properly.

(Leland Fiegel) #13

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’m suggesting removing hyphens: auto but leaving word-wrap: break-word. It’s just a personal preference since I don’t like how CSS hyphens break words unnecessarily. But it’s not really a big deal.

Interesting! Good to know. I was messing around with it and couldn’t figure it out myself earlier. :slight_smile:

(Ben) #14

gotcha - thanks! :slight_smile: - I shall change that then.

(Nate Wright) #15

Very nice. I really like the way you’ve done the side header and I might steal that some day. :wink:

Two pieces of feedback. First, I did not expect to be able to scroll. I assumed the homepage was just the full-screen carousel. I only clicked the down arrow over on the right expecting something to slide up or be revealed on top of the homepage carousel. One adjustment I might consider would be to move the down arrow over to the left/right arrows and maybe add a “more” label or something? Just spit-balling.

Second, when I do click the button to scroll down, it scrolls past the navigation menu. It’d be great if it stopped with the navigation menu hugging the top of the screen.

(Ben) #16

Thanks for the feedback Nate. Good call on the navigation on scroll. Will have a think about the down arrow as well, can see that people might not expect to be able to scroll.

(Denis B) #17

Nice theme, I noticed that the third post seems somewhat misplaced, was this intentional?
Everything else looks great.

(Ben) #18

Ah - thanks for the pointer. I’d added a js minification plugin and it messed created a js error. Should have checked it better. I’ve sorted it out now