Feedback on Open Graph Management Plugin

(Alex MacArthur) #1

After growing frustrated with what’s out there for open graph / social sharing management, I built Complete Open Graph, a do-one-thing-and-one-thing-well plugin for managing which content is used to generate Open Graph data for your site.

One of the reasons I built it was because I thought people might want this type of functionality WITHOUT pulling in a gigantic plugin like Yoast or All in One SEO. Even, it’s unsurprising that they really dominate this space.

So, question to you: What would make a plugin like mine appeal to you more? Do you prefer more features in a plugin like this, or do you have ideas for how I can improve Complete Open Graph without bloating the feature scope? Mainly looking for how I can position it to build popularity/use.

Regardless, check Complete Open Graph out! Would like feedback of any kind. If it suits you, leave a rating. Code is also available on Github if you want to dig in there: https://github.com/alexmacarthur/wp-complete-open-graph

(Leland Fiegel) #2

Will try to check this out when I have some time.

I totally agree. I found it frustrating that the only place to find maintained OpenGraph functionality was within a much larger plugin like Jetpack or Yoast SEO.

One thing to note would be how different social networks implement OpenGraph stuff. For example, Twitter has its own og:twitter tags to override image sizes because they have a slightly unusual size. It would be interesting to build that research (if any) on other social networks with similar quirks directly into the plugin.

I am not a big fan of social media, but people live there this time :wink:
I can imagine this free plugin can work excellent with premium SaaS like social media posting/scheduling … what is also and opinion on your next topic Best Way to Sell Plugin

On other hand, SaaS requires probably the most work and quality than other options.

(Leland Fiegel) #4

Hmm, that’s a pretty good idea that I didn’t consider before. :slight_smile:

(Jeffrey Carandang) #5

Seems like a great plugin. Since you’ve mentioned Yoast, you might wan to check there social media tabbed layout to separate Facebook and Twitter open graphs . Just a suggestion :wink:

Cheers,
Jeffrey