How to Promote: E2pdf, the Next Generation PDF Plugin for WP

After 15 months of development, we completed our final beta tests and have released E2Pdf on Wordpress.org as a freemium. Now we need advise on how to promote this PDF niche plugin.

E2Pdf includes a PDF document and form creator, editor, viewer, and data injector to create dynamic PDF documents from Formidable Forms, Divi Contact Form, Caldera Forms, as well as WP pages and posts. We are adding more form plugins all the time and will be releasing an integration to Adobe e-Signature by next week, WooCommerce by the end of the month, and likely Gravity Forms and Contact Form 7 by the end of the year.

The free version includes all extensions and a goal to integrate all data capturing plugins for WP, making it the premier “go-to plugin” for PDFing in WP.

We also released a generous residual income affiliate program with 90-day cookies and 20% commission paid lifetime for all new payments.

Do you have any suggestions or constructive criticism about affiliate programs for WP plugins or how/where to promote a PDF plugin - on a tight budget? Can you think of any plugins that you like to see integrated into E2Pdf?

(Vova Feldman) #2

Hi @RasMarcus, first of all, congrats on your new product! If I were in your shoes I wouldn’t make affiliation as the main distribution strategy. The simple reason is that while it may sound great, it usually won’t have a major impact on your bottom line. You can get more details here:

As a freemium plugin with a free version on wp.org I would definitely invest time in SEO:
https://freemius.com/blog/seo-on-new-plugin-repository/

Also, I’d make sure you choose the right sales/eCommerce engine. You may think that it’s not an important decision on your early days but it can actually have a major impact on your future , growth, team structure and more.