I'd like to sell my ThemeForest business. What's the best way?

Currently generating about $24-25k per month but depending on what month, the income increases to 30k. About $165k since January to date. This is after Envato commission. There is another theme in the queue, which should increase the earnings a lot more (hoping to see $35k/month).
There is not much expense, support is outsourced ($3000/m) and hosting is WPEngine ($100/m).

Anyone interested?

(Leland Fiegel) #2

Impressive numbers.

Honestly, probably posting places like here and finding a qualified WordPress-familiar buyer for private sale. There are also brokers like FE International you might want to look into. As a last resort, maybe Flippa.

Out of curiosity, why sell?

Thanks Leland.

I have heard of FE International, so will contact them if I cannot find a buyer.

I am feeling bored and kinda burned out, I guess. Besides, I need to spend more time with my family.

(Leland Fiegel) #4

Makes sense.

It also might help if you published a blog post (maybe on a personal site) detailing the sale. The revenue, expenses, the reasons why you’re selling, etc.

That way it could be covered on WordPress-specific publications like WP Tavern and Post Status and reach a lot more qualified buyers.

With that kind of profit, I get the feeling you won’t have much trouble selling it for a fair price.

(Charlie Livingston) #5

Is there a way to get in touch with you? My email is charlie[at]athemes.com

(Leland Fiegel) #6

Not sure if you’re aware, but there’s a private messaging feature on this site. Just visit tf_author’s profile and click the orange “Message” button to start a conversation.

Hi Charlie, sending you a private message.

Edit: Looks like I cant :slight_smile:

Emailing you now.

(Charlie Livingston) #8

I looked and looked, and couldn’t see that option. Just looked again now and still can’t see it. This is what I can see: http://imgur.com/xTb8vvv

(Leland Fiegel) #9

Hmm, that’s weird. I’ll look into that. Thanks for the screenshot.

Edit: Okay, your trust level was too low but I just manually set it for you and @tf_author to the minimum level required to send messages. Or email works too.

(Silkalns) #10

I’m interested in more details as well. But of course I can’t send you a PM because of restrictions.
You can hit me up via Colorlib contact form: https://colorlib.com/wp/contact-us/

(Jack Kitterhing) #11

@tf_author, I’d be interested in some further details if you could send me an email to jack.kitterhing(at)gmail.com.

Thanks!

(Leland Fiegel) #12

Now you can.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I just use the default settings of Discourse. The restrictions are intended to stop a brand new user and/or user with little activity from sending bulk DM spam.

(Nathan Snyder) #13

How do you go about outsourcing support? Did you have to train them about each of your plugins and themes you developed? Or is it easy enough to just find a team that can figure that stuff out on their own?

(Leland Fiegel) #14

Not exactly sure how @tf_author handles it but there are companies like Influx that specialize in this sort of thing…just FYI.

(Nathan Snyder) #15

thanks for the tip, Leland!

(Ben) #16

I am interested too but can’t seem to PM you, my email is bwbbwb+wp@gmail.com.

(Alex B) #17

Hi, please email us at marketing-team@2by2host.com

Regards,
Alex

(Swami) #18

Hi,

I am interested in the offer, kindly send more details to swami@brandexponents.com and we can take things forward.

Thanks,
Swami
brandexponents - Envato elite

(Grace Le) #19

Hi @tf_author Please ping me at lan.leminh(at)gmail.com
We’ll talk in details.

I am sorry, I cannot email you directly for privacy reasons.