Purge Them All (clear all caches plugin)

(Jesse) #1

Would a plugin with this stated purpose interest developers on WP Chat as a premium plugin?

The easiest way to clear LEMP stack caches including Nginx (FastCGI), PHP Opcache, Varnish, CloudFlare, CDN, and object cache (Redis or Memcached).

We are trying to decide if there’s enough interest among LEMP savvy devs out there to be supported as a premium plugin or not (even at a lower price point) or simply use it in-house for now.

It’s not going to attract the low-tech WP.org masses, and many skilled devs or agencies/hosts are going to implement a cache system of their own – or so we assume.

Feedback is welcome esp. from those of you using Vultr, DigitalOcean, etc.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Right now I don’t have a need for something like this, but it seems to cover a lot of disparate systems, so it will be interesting to see how it works.

I’ll say this: make it usable from wp-cli. If a plugin interacting with a cache can’t be called from a shell session, I skip over it. :slight_smile:

(Frank) #3

I’ve developed something like that but for our layout builder plugin. We wanted to provide a way for users to clear caches if present when a page layout is updated. You can see it here https://github.com/FrankM1/qazana-cache-bursting As you can see we have a very specific use case for this kind of feature.