Questions and concerns when buying premium WordPress Themes

(Ben) #1

Does anyone here buy premium WordPress themes? I’d love to find out what questions you ask yourself when you’re choosing them.

Answers to things like:

• Where do you buy themes from the most?
  • What do you always look for when buying themes?
  • What commonly puts you off of buying themes?
  • How do you find the themes that you buy?

The reason I am asking is that I have a WordPress theme shop and I want to improve it. Since I make themes I find it hard to put myself in my customers shoes so I’d like to see if there’s anything I could do to improve the experience.

Thanks in advance!

(Miroslav Glavić) #2

Where do you buy themes from the most?
Themeforest

What do you always look for when buying themes?
How long I have updates/support for.

What commonly puts you off of buying themes?

• Typos
  • Word press, Wordpress and so forth
  • No support what so ever.

How do you find the themes that you buy?
I tend to go to Themeforest

I go to wordpress.org themes first then I go to Themeforest

(Ben) #3

Thanks Miroslav. If you don’t mind - what is the reason you prefer ThemeForest over smaller theme shops like https://prothemedesign.com (mine) or https://themetry.com?

(Miroslav Glavić) #4

I never heard of your premium themes shop or themetry. There are so many out there.

(Ben) #5

He hee :slight_smile: I didn’t mean mine specifically. I meant smaller theme shops that aren’t marketplaces like Theme Forest. What I infer from your comment is simply that Theme Forest is convenient. It has a lot of choice and is easy to find what you need.

Unfortunately that sort of thing is hard to compete with :frowning:

(Miroslav Glavić) #6

ThemeForest is convenient because I have more choice. Next time if I need a theme, I might go to your shop.

There was 2-3 times where ThemeForest did not have what I wanted 100% so I went to WP.org’s theme directory and found what I wanted.

I don’t think a paid theme is better than a free theme, and I don’t think a free theme is better than a paid theme.

Also if a client is willing to pay…I am more flexible. :wink: