Use Category for Custom Post Type - But Need Another Separate Archive Page too

(Damith) #1

I have created custom post type called “Articles” and I have include “Category” for that post type too.

Let say I have a category called “ABC.”

When I go domain.com/category/ABC it display both posts and articles. It is perfectly fine.

But I want archive page for Article Categories too…

I mean something like “domain.com/article/category/ABC”… So this archive page will show only articles which are on ABC Category.

Ya know, there are a whole bunch of ways to approach that. And there are some post type URLs that filter already, but I can never track them down.

Instead, I wanted to point out https://wordpress.org/plugins/beautiful-taxonomy-filters/. Play around with that a bit, you might figure out a solution to yer problem with that plugin. :slight_smile:

(Damith) #3

Thanks for the plugin. Is there any simple code snippet to do it ?

(Leland Fiegel) #4

Is there some reason you don’t want to install that plugin, if it solves your problem?

(Damith) #5

This is a third party plugin. Yes, I use many third party plugins. But here situation is different.

This is directly related to SEO.

What happens if a WordPress update conflict with this plugin? I have to downgrade WordPress or I have to wait a plugin author find a solution.

That’s why I don’t like to use un-common plugins for “Link”, "Permalink " cases.

(Leland Fiegel) #6

What happens if a WordPress update conflicts with the snippet of code you paste in your theme? Couldn’t you run into the same problem?

Except instead of waiting for a plugin author to find a solution, you’re waiting for a random person on a forum to find a solution.

Personally, I’d trust that plugin (which seems actively-developed and well-reviewed as I write this) over a “simple” piece of code I find on a forum.