Welcome to the new and improved WP Chat, powered by Discourse!
Aiming to be the premiere source for discussion about:
- WordPress business/entrepreneurship
- The latest in advanced development practices
- Upcoming events (WordCamps, meetups, etc.)
Also, considering we are brand new we don't have any formal "rules" at the moment but the following two guidelines should suffice for now:
And that should do it.
Update Jan. 19, 2015: Having some slight problems with affiliate links and self-promotion.
1) Promoting your own products (or products for the company you work for) is totally fine. But please make your affiliation clear. It could be as simple as "We at [company] want to thank you for using our product." But you can't pretend you're some outsider and say something like "I just bought [the product that I'm secretly affiliated with] and it's awesome," because it's just dishonest and skeevy.
2) No affiliate links. Non-affiliate links to paid products are fine just as long as they're relevant to the discussion.
Feel free to sign up and have a look around. It's totally free!