WordPress DC tonight

This is a long shot, but if there are any DC area people reading this now, try to stop by to the WordPress DC meetup tonight at 7 PM. Details here: http://www.meetup.com/wordpressdc/events/200372992/

We’ll have Andrew Nacin talking about the soon-to-be-released WordPress 4.0. And Ben Balter speaking about GitHub and WordPress.

I’m one of the organizers of the meetup so I’d be happy to answer any questions about it.

I’ll also be sure to report back here with any links to slides and recordings (if any).

Let us know how it went and if anything about 4.0 or something you learned about future versions excited you.

A couple things that stood out to me:

1. The language chooser on a new install. WordPress was already relatively international-friendly, but I think this makes it even more welcoming.

2. The new tweet embeds that cache the tweets and still display the content in the event . We all know how many politicians (and/or their social media managers) delete tweets soon after they’re sent. Politwoops does a great job documenting this. Now potentially any WordPress site can. I thought this was pretty cool.