WordPress Frameworks Get A New Cozy Home

(Kobe Ben Itamar) #1

I’m guessing most of you have heard that earlier this year (March 2016), the plugins review team issued a statement on make.wordpress.org that frameworks are no longer allowed in the official plugins repository.

So… today IncludeWP is born :slight_smile:

It had started as a fun & refreshing weekend side-project for the Freemius team, and this is what it looks like now, with many improvements and even a collaboration with @itibook - thanks, Luca!

Enjoy and please share & contribute - it’s open sourced :smiley:

Cc @vovafeldman

Yeah, I’ve seen that. It looks pretty cool.

Right now it only has the more well known frameworks, so I don’t have a need for it since I’m already familure with all of them. I think once it starts getting more the less know frameworks in the list it could really be a great tool.

(Leland Fiegel) #3

Ah, the best kept secret in the WordPress community is finally announced. :smiley:

This is an awesome resource, and even cooler that the code is open sourced. Thanks for sharing here.

(Kobe Ben Itamar) #4

Thanks @wpgaijin!
We’ve been receiving quite a few pull requests to add more & more frameworks, so you should probably start seeing them coming in soon.

(Kobe Ben Itamar) #5

Thanks, and hope this resource is helpful for WordPress devs looking for the perfect framework match for their next project :slight_smile: